Restaurant Themes 101 is a custom built website with many different pages, a rating system and a very sophisticated theme filter. We will try to describe everything about our website in this help page, so you can enjoy browsing it without getting confused about any section.
main menu (on top)
The website’s main navigation consists of two menus. The first one is a small menu which navigates directly to three pages: the blog, the about page and this (help) page. The second one is the main menu, and it offers five different options: restaurant categories, software categories, theme developers, coupons & discounts and more niches. Let’s see what exactly each of these means:
This menu lets you select a specific subcategory out of 10 different restaurant categories: brasseries & bistros, cafés and coffeehouses, fast-food restaurants, Italian restaurants, Japanese restaurants, luxury restaurants, Mexican restaurants, seafood restaurants and wineries.
If you are a café owner, or you own a pizzeria, you don’t want to scroll endlessly through themes that aren’t useful to you, simply because they are not created for your restaurant niche. Selecting one of the categories available displays all themes and templates that fit the category chosen, which makes everything very clear and easy.
In case you have favorite software and you want to find a theme specifically created for it, you will be able to view the themes sorted out by 5 different categories: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, HTML and Facebook. We all have our own preferences when it comes to CMS, and if you want a theme for Joomla, there is no need to browse through tons of WordPress and Drupal themes until you find a theme that’s made for Joomla, right?
We worked on making this easy for you, and the result will provide you with fast and pleasant browsing through the exact category you need to check out.
You have a favorite theme developer and you want to choose a theme created by that developer and no other? No problem! Browsing the themes and templates using the developer’s menu allows you to view all themes created by that one single developer.
coupons & discounts
If you want to check out the themes that have special discounts or coupons on them, you will be able to find all the coupons and discounts on one single page. If a theme or template has a coupon code or any sort of discount, this will also be displayed on the individual theme page.
Restaurant Themes 101 is just the first out of many more niche websites to come. The “more niches” page is where you can find all the websites of this sort we’ve launched so far.
individual theme details
Each theme or template listed at restaurant Themes 101 has its own page. Once you open any of these pages, you will see screenshots of every page that a certain theme features. You can browse through the screenshots using the left and right key arrows, and you can also enlarge each screenshot by clicking on it. Under the screenshots you will see a 5 star rating system, which allows you to rate the theme yourself. More info on our user rating system is available in the next paragraph.
The first tab contains a well-written theme description, where you will find all the important options and features of the theme explained. A separate window is added with all the important theme details listed. You will also be able to view a live demo of the theme, or go to the themes’ official website.
The second tab features four different columns: features, colors, styles and navigation. The “features” column contains all the themes’ features listed, while the column “colors” lets you see which theme color variations are available. The “styles” column is where you can see all the different theme styles the certain theme offers, and at “navigation” you can see where on what parts of the screen menus can be found. If you want to know more about all possible values for features, colors, styles and navigation, you can read all about them in the filtering system paragraph.
The third tab is reserved for coupon codes (if available), and this is where you can see how much of a discount you can get when you purchase the theme, what kind of licenses it is valid for, and the date of expiration.
Navigation is added on the top of the screenshots and below the tab, so you can browse through the themes further without going back to the index page.
RestaurantThemes101.com uses a 1-5 star based rating system. Visitors will be able to rate each theme at the theme’s individual page. The average rating as well as the total number of votes cast will be displayed.
These votes are also used to determine the theme developer rating which can also be seen at each individual theme developer page. This is the average rating of that certain developer based on ratings of all themes developed by them.
Our sophisticated theme filter is the most unique feature or Restaurant Themes 101. This system lets you find the exact kind of theme you are looking for, based on one or more criteria you select. We’ve placed this filter on the homepage, but also at the individual restaurant category, software category and the developer pages.
The filter widgets can be found on the left side of the page, in the first column. Columns 2-3-4 display small theme windows. Each theme has its own window containing a screenshot of the themes’ homepage, its price, title and small description, the average theme rating, and if the theme is responsive, you will also see an icon of a mobile phone in the left bottom. The type of software can easily be distinguished with the help of an icon placed at the right top which displays the WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Facebook or HTML logo, and also by the window color, as each software type has its own color.
We have 10 various sorting and filter widgets added to our website, which you will learn more about below. At the right top of each widget you will see a reset button (image placed here), which resets the widget back to its default state with no values selected. All the values you select are remembered when you browse through all pages using the pagination at the bottom.
Here you can sort the themes based on the average theme rating, the theme release date, alphabetically by theme name, or by its price (starting with highest or lowest).
Our system features a sophisticated range filter which allows you to filter the themes based on user rating (so you can for e.g. choose to only display themes that have at least 4 star rating), and you can change the number of themes displayed by page (18 themes are displayed per page by default).
At software type you can filter the themes and templates based on software type (Drupal themes, Facebook page templates, HTML templates, Joomla templates and WordPress themes). It’s possible to select multiple types of software.
In case you want to purchase a theme or template that is licensed according the GNU General Public License (GPL) you can select two options here: 100% GPL license or non-GPL license. More information about the GNU GPL license can be found here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
At restaurant type you can choose between 10 different restaurant types, which are listed below:
- bar & pub
- brasserie & bistro
- café & coffeehouse
- fast food restaurant
- Italian restaurant
- Japanese restaurant
- luxury restaurant
- Mexican restaurant
- seafood restaurant
All general restaurant templates are listed under the option brasserie & bistro. It’s possible to select multiple types of restaurants.
This is where you can select a certain brand, and have all the themes from a particular developer displayed. It is also possible to select multiple developer brands.
You can select any characteristic of a restaurant website theme here. You can select multiple features of course. All the features are listed below:
- blog – is a separate blog page available?
- Bootstrap powered – is the theme powered by the Bootstrap framework?
- contact form – is a contact form available using a widget or separate page?
- events page – is events management included with the theme?
- Facebook integration – are Facebook widgets or like/share buttons included?
- Facebook page template – is a separate Facebook page available using the same design?
- FourSquare integration – does the theme include FourSquare integration so people can check-in easily at your restaurant?
- fullscreen background slider – is it possible to rotate full screen images on the background?
- gallery/portfolio page – is a separate gallery/portfolio available?
- Google Maps – is it possible to display the restaurants’ location using Google Maps?
- homepage slider – is there a rotating image slider featured on the homepage?
- menu card – is it possible to create menu cards easily?
- newsletter integration – does the theme feature newsletter integration?
- one page theme – is the complete theme displayed on one single page?
- opening hours – is it possible to display the restaurants’ opening hours on a separate widget or page?
- OpenTable integration – does the theme integrate with OpenTable, the real-time online reservation network?
- ordering online – is it possible to order food online?
- PSD files included – are Photoshop files included so you can modify the current design?
- recipes page – is there a separate page template where you can display your recipes?
- reservation online – is it possible to reserve a table online?
- responsive layout – can the theme also be used on mobile phones and tablets?
- search – can you search within the theme or blog?
- SEO optimized – does the theme features built-in SEO optimization?
- team page – is there a separate team page where employees of your restaurant can be featured?
- testimonials – is it possible to display customer testimonials?
- translation ready – is it easy to translate the theme in any other language than English?
- Twitter integration – are Twitter widgets or tweet buttons included?
If you have a certain color in mind for your website, this is where you can select one or more colors you want your perfect theme to have. Available color values are:
- pick your own color
The value “pick your own color” means that it is possible to choose ANY color for that particular theme. It is also possible to select multiple colors.
This is where you can pick your favorite style and find a theme that fits your restaurant perfectly. It is possible to select multiple theme styles. The featured styles are:
- artistic – unusual, unique, edgy themes with an artistic touch
- dark – themes with dark layouts
- elegant – classy, elegant themes for guests with sophisticated taste
- light – themes with light, fresh layouts
- minimalist – themes with clean, minimalistic design
- modern – cool, modern themes with interesting, innovative design
- neutral – themes that are going to fit your restaurant website, no matter which style you’re after
- retro / vintage – beautiful old-fashioned themes with a nice touch of retro style
- trendy – cute, interesting themes with a fun and trendy design
This is where you can select the position of the navigation menu(s) your theme is using. You can choose between footer, side and top.